Monitor the main feed to measure grid consumption and solar export.
Monitor energy use of heat pumps, solar panels, battery inverters, etc
Control and Monitor energy used by hot water heaters, panel heaters, underfloor heating, pool pumps and heating, lighting, etc
Alexa Voice Control
Control any of the connected devices via Alexa.
From the Connect Web App you can configure voice commands to run any logic item.
Digital Door Locks
Digital door locks in the App make access control easy for everyone. People love the fact that we can also control the alarm and the gate from the one app. If you are running late you can unlock the door, unset the alarm and even turn some lights on for your visitor.
Yale Assure, 3109+ and 4109+ require the appropriate Z-Wave interface module installed in the lock and a Smartlife Hub (any model) with a Z-Wave Stick (installed in Hub or via a USB over Cat extender to within 5m of the door lock).
Windsor Smart Locks require a Bluetooth module.
Smart Security - Alarm and Access Control
Gate and Door control, Motion detection, Smoke alarm, voice and siren deterrence
Smartlife Connect supports a wide range of security products including AAP ESX and Paradox Alarm modules.
- AAP ESX is included with the Smartlife Alarm Hub. It supports wired indoor and outdoor motion detectors, beam sensors, smoke detectors, internal and external sirens and fog cannons. ESX now has the optional Infinity wireless sensors with up to 500m range and 5 years battery life.
- Lower-cost wireless Zigbee motion detectors are perfect for retrofit and smaller spaces.
- Smartlife recommends using Spark Cat-M1 cellular data with all its security solutions.
Wired cameras are preferable when possible as they generally have better image quality, especially when you need to zoom in after an incident. A single cat cable can power the camera and connect it to the network and internet without using any of your Wi-Fi bandwidth.
Any camera supporting RTSP protocol can be displayed:
If you can't get a cable there, Wi-Fi cameras are the next best option.
Any Tuya-based camera can be displayed:
- Brilliant Smart
- Smart Life
Heat Pumps and ducted HVAC
Don't order the Wi-Fi option with your heat pump or ducted HVAC system as it is not compatible with any automation system.
Intesis produce a compatible interface to many main brand Heat Pumps and HVAC systems.
For Hi-Wall Heat pumps (that are usually controlled by a remote) you can optionally use the Moes Wi-Fi Thermostat - in this case, it must be mounted within sight of the indoor unit as it controls it via IR, same as the remote.
Panel heaters and strip radiant heaters
Kogan Smart and Grid Connect offer compatible heaters.
Ceiling fans, extractor fans and bathroom fans
Smartlife Connect supports a number of ways to control fans:
- KNX relays. Requires KNX setup which is generally only an option for new build or renovation. Requires KNX switches which can also control lights, blinds, curtains, HVAC, and underfloor heating making it simple to operate.
- Tuya-based fan control includes controlling standard fans via PDL Iconic mechs, HPM Life compatible mechs, Brilliant Smart glass switches. Also Smart ceiling fans and bathroom fans such as those from Brilliant Smart.
- Z-Wave relay modules. Requires Z-Wave stick and any of the Smartlife Hubs. The relay module can be installed behind a light switch plate and controlled from a single momentary mech per fan.
Motorised Blinds, Drapes and Louvres
Smartlife Connect supports a number of ways to control motorised curtains, blinds and Louvres:
- 240V switching via Z-Wave shutter relays. Order the "dumb" motor. Requires Z-Wave stick and any of the Smartlife Hubs. The shutter relay can be installed behind a light switch plate and controlled from a single momentary mech, or one for up and one for down.
- 240V switching via KNX shutter relays. Order the "dumb" motor. Requires KNX setup which is generally only an option for new build or renovation. Requires KNX switches which can also control lights, HVAC, underfloor heating.
- Tuya-based curtain motors and wired and battery-powered motorised blind motors.
Smartlife Connect supports a number of ways to control lighting:
- KNX dimmers and relays. Requires KNX setup which is generally only an option for new build or renovation. Requires KNX switches which can also control lights, blinds, curtains, HVAC, and underfloor heating making it simple to operate.
- Tuya-based lighting options include PDL Iconic mechs, HPM Life compatible mechs, Brilliant Smart glass switches, RGB lights, outdoor sensor lights, and ceiling panel lights for offices.
- Z-Wave dimmer and relay modules. Requires Z-Wave stick and any of the Smartlife Hubs. The dimmer or relay module can be installed behind a light switch plate and controlled from a single momentary mech per circuit.
- Shelly Wi-Fi relays, dimmers and switch input modules
Smartlife Connect supports many different models of EV and EV chargers:
- Modbus chargers s.g. Siemens and Schneider EV Link
- Tuya-based chargers such as Smart EV chargers
Smartlife Connect supports Axium multi-room amplifiers and several brands of surround sound amplifiers including Integra, Onkyo, Yamaha, and Pioneer.
- Axium 4 Zone multi-room audio
- Axium 8 zone (6 powered) amplifier
- Surround Sound amplifiers are used for 5.1 to 11.1 surround sound and can also support secondary zone.
TVs and Media Players
Smartlife Connect supports IR control of Samsung, LG, Sony TVs and MySky, Foxtel and Apple TV.
Also for multi-room video we support AVG 4 and 8 zone HDMI Matrix switches.